Saturday, November 17, 2012

Cracker Jack Bear

Cracker Jack Bear

To Coney Island, home of fun,
The Faithful airship quickly spun.
Once there the people flocked to buy
And "Cracker Jack" became the cry.


The airship ride at Coney Island cost twice as much to ride as the other amusements.
I still want to take an airship to the moon.
Not much has changed in 100 years.

I always loved to find my prize in the Cracker Jack box.
The cards were the prize in the box.
The Coney Island card was sent to my aunt as a young girl.
The Bear Postcards are copyrighted 1907 by B. E. Moreland.
It is number 5 in a series of 16.


I bought a box of Cracker Jack recently. I was very disappointed in my prize.

Here is a web site that discussed the airship to the moon ride:
Airship to the Moon



No comments:

Post a Comment