Thursday, February 9, 2012

Memories from the First Day of the Olympic Winter Games 2002

First Day of the Games

             Meet two of our house guests Celeste and DeMarco.  We saw the Olympic torch run for the second time yesterday.  The flag carriers stopped for a photo op and told us this flag has been with the run since it began in the United States.  So it has seen a lot of mileage.






     I begin my volunteer position in a few hours.  I am a “Talent Host.”  Today I am stationed at Grand America a European-style hotel.  It’s very elegant.  When the bands arrive I make sure they get checked in and all their needs are met.  After I’m done tonight I will meet the gang at the Salt Lake Ice Arena (Delta Center) to watch pairs ice skating from a suite.  These tickets are complimentary from Georgia’s employer.  We can’t wait.

2 comments:

  1. I was lucky enough to be at the 1980 Olympics in Lake Placid. I went to SUNY Plattsburgh at the time and they shut down the campus so students could volunteer. What a thrill it was to be part of this experience. Attending an Olympics is the best!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You were a volunteer? What was your venue? Any photos?

      It must have been wonderful. Hey, that was the year of the gold medal hockey team if I remember correctly. Wow.

      Delete