Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Olympic Memories--22 February 2002



John Nieto is the artist of this mascot trio.  He was commissioned to depict the Olympic movement.  The rabbit represents higher, the coyote swifter and the bear stronger.  I first saw the trio while I was meeting and greeting at the airport.  It was hanging in an alcove on the concourse.  Now I have a poster of them.  I just need to find the right wall space.
            Traffic was a nightmare for the first time after the Medals Ceremonies.  It was partly due to a FOX reporter telling people driving downtown was smoother than public transportation.  Six months of traffic planning down the drain in two minutes.  Of course it was Friday night, two days left for photo opps and partying.  Goo Goo Dolls was the band.  I could hear them from the house when I got home.
            Did I tell you each day at Olympic Square the animals from Opening Ceremonies perform in front of the Delta Center?  Geeg is going to try for photos on Saturday.  I am hoping they will be in the Closing Ceremonies.  I like them a lot.

Here is a clip of Goo Goo Dolls at the Olympic Medals Plaza


No comments:

Post a Comment