Tuesday, February 14, 2012

13 and 14 February 2002 Olympic Memories

Wednesday 13 February 2002


            This is the jacket of my uniform. It is very toasty. Some folks are already selling them on ebay. I want to keep mine. But I could be persuaded to trade for an Olympic athlete’s jacket or a Greece 2004 Olympic jacket.
            We saw the short track speed skating event. It was so exciting. They told us it was the largest Olympic crowd ever to see the competition. The men’s relay was especially thrilling. They even had to do a re-skate because of an injury. It was a Korean team member, we felt very bad for him.
            More meet and greet at the airport kept me busy and BNL played the concert. It sounded very good. Sometime it’s hard on an outdoor stage to sound as good as in the studio.

Thursday 14 February 2002


            This is Geeg in a snow bubble on Olympic Square. Of course she was really at work but this is from her day off on Tuesday. The rest of the gang went up to Park City to see a snowboarding event.
            I met members of Sheryl Crow’s band and crew. Smashmouth came in too. Everyone was very nice. In know they are all seasoned travelers.  I also saw Apollo Ohno (USA speed skater, gold hopeful) at the airport. He seemed to be greeting people associated with the speed skating world. He also signed tons of autographs for kids who were singing for the athletes.
            Friday is my day off. I am going to see Paul sing at Winterfest (a music venue) on Main Street.


No comments:

Post a Comment